Thursday, October 2, 2008

Morning coffee

Arcadius Castrolcallistus Nathaniel Indongole is otherwise known as Archie the dream, Man Castro, King Callisto or simply Indongole, [but the priviledge of calling him that last name is reserved only for three categories of people, the very brave, the very stupid and his birth parents]


But enough with nomenclature. Indongole [I belong to a category that is a cross between extremely brave and incredibly stupid,soI qualify to call him that] is having breakfast when I come downstairs after the superhuman effort it took to coax my head from the pillow. Man,the coffee sure does smell good!

I grab the thermos flask, but it is empty. Not a very perfect way to start the day.

"Man! You only made coffee for yourself!" I grumble.

He looks at me, a quizzical expression on his face. "So?"

"You know, if it were me who woke up before you, I would make sure you have a ready cup of coffee when you come downstairs." I say

"But I am downstairs, and I have a ready cup of coffee." He replies. "Where is the problem?"

Not a very perfect conversation to start the day with.

"Why didn't you just make coffee for both of us? I ask in exesperation.

He looks at me strangely and for a moment, I am tempted to confirm whether seaweed has sprouted on my head. It hasn't, and so I stare right back at him. "Do you have your birth certificate? He suddenly asks. "Please give it to me."

I have absolutely no idea where this is leading, but I do have my birth certificate and he did ask for it, so I find it and give it to him. He scans his eyes over it, finds something and points at it. "I assume this is a true record of your birth?" He asks and I agree. "Then please read this."
It is the part with my mother's name, and I read it out for him.

"Now." He continues. "Does the name you have just read resemble the name 'Arcadius Castrolcallistus Nathaniel Indongole' in any way?

I reply that if my my mother had such a name, I most definitely would have considered a stint in an Iraqi prison before I introduced her by name to anyone, and then I ask him where all this is leading to.

"Do not assign me your mother's duties!" Indongole barks. "And that includes making coffee!"

Now why did he have to use such long route to get tothe point?

1 comment:

MamaZum said...

Why? becoz someone with a name like that can't do simple when he can do complicated. It started with HIS birth certificate....lol