Thursday, November 27, 2008

pick-pocketed

I went for a rave... I mean an overnight at Steak Out... sorry. this fellowship centre in Kampala near Steak Out the other night.


There, I met this chick... I mean this Sister-in-Christ who had my heart boiling with gratitude to the Allmighty for bringing such beauty to the world. Actually, she had quite a few other parts of my body boiling for reasons totally unrelated to gratitude, but I won't get into that.


Well, as the night wore on, I went to her and suggested we dance...sorry. I suggested we praise the Lord together at closer proximity since, I pointed out matter-of-factly, even the good Lord himself had promised reward for those that worship at close quarters. She was quite open to the idea, and we got into groove just as the DJ...excuse me. The pastor unleashed 'Smooth Operator'...Ahem! I mean 'sweet saviour.'

I do remember feeling her hand in my pockets. Only I reasoned that it being a cold night, she probably just wanted to keep her palm warm. Also truth be told, I didn't really mind the sensations her other hand was causing to other areas of my anatomy which, for purposes of decorum, shall remain unmentioned. Plus there must have been something in the beer... I mean the tea, that made me drowsy.

Bottom line is, I woke up minus my wallet and cellphone, and being a safaricom subscriber, I can only swap my sim in Kenya. So in the meantime, I have to resort to my old Nokia 1011 and one of the simcards I... I mean my my roommate used to play chilles with during his reign as the local Don Juan.



I'm never going to a rave...I mean an overnight, again!

1 comment:

Smith Oba said...

The chick in the blog spot picture is looking too ballistic!! Looks like Sade in 1985!! I actually stopped feeling sorry for the lost phone, coz that chick is surely way more worthy than a phone.....unless u had the Nokia E series!!

Am now also going to the Steak Church, for a beer fellowship, hoping to stumble upon the pocket warming devil in a black dress!